Defence Health has been operating since 1953 with the core purpose to protect the health of those who protect our country.
We’re here to support the families of those who are serving in the ADF. And care for those who once served. We’re also here for their supporters – the parents, brothers and sisters who are part of the Defence community too. You all belong with us.
Defence Health looks out for people rather than profit. And we especially care about the Defence community. We get you. And we get what you need from your health fund. We look after our own.
- Standalone hospital cover – from Basic Plus to Gold
- Standalone extras cover – basic, mid, or top
- Exclusive Gold and Basic Plus packages for ADF families and couples
We have special provisions for permanent ADF and Reservists with partner-only and kids-only cover.
The Defence community is far-reaching. At its core are the serving ADF personnel, both full-time and Reservists, and their partners and children. But there are others in the Defence community whose contribution to the security of the nation is less obvious. If you have a Defence connection, we’re here to be your preferred and trusted health partner.
- The partner and dependent kids of ADF personnel (permanent and Reserve SERCAT 3-5) are eligible for our specially designed packages. You may not need to cover yourself, but you can cover your loved ones with the fund that understands your needs.
Veterans, people who work for defence and even those with a family member serving or former serving member can join.
- Previous (or current) service in the ADF (permanent or Reserve)
- If you work (or worked) in the Department of Defence or another Defence-related department
- If you work (or worked) for a supplier, agency or contractor where you were involved in the supply of goods or services to Defence.
- Extended family of the above – meaning the parent, child, grandchild, sibling, or partner/ex-partner of a serving or former serving member or Defence connection.
Defence Health operates in all Australian States and Territories. We serve our members from our Melbourne-based call centre.