They protect your needs both as a consumer and as a medical professional.
Their unique Top Cover Gold hospital has the highest level of protection against out-of-pocket costs and pays up to the AMA list of medical services and fees.
They advocate for clinical independence and freedom of choice
They don’t have restrictive preferred provider networks, so you choose the best extras provider for you. Their Top Cover Gold hospital gap scheme does not require doctors to agree to participate, so you choose your preferred doctor.
They support only medically-evidenced treatments.
They don’t pay benefits for non-proven therapies.
They are highly rated by our members
- They have maintained a member satisfaction rating of above 94% for more than 10 years. (The Doctors’ Health Fund Member Satisfaction Research report 2010 – 2021)
- Fast, easy and efficient payment of claims with the mobile app Positive service experience following hospitalisation or serious illness
- Excellent customer service with polite, helpful and knowledgeable staff
They are owned by doctors.
Starting as the AMA health fund and now part of Avant Mutual, Doctors’ Health Fund are owned by their members, the doctors.
They offer personalised health cover.
They offer a range of hospital and extras cover to suit the needs of people at different stages in their lives and with different financial requirements.
- Smart Starter Bronze
- Plus Entry-level hospital cover with more inclusions than Bronze-level cover, specially designed for young singles and couples.
- Prime Choice Gold
- Comprehensive hospital cover for all inpatient services eligible for Medicare benefits with no exclusions and restrictions.
- Top Cover Gold
- Unique premium hospital cover that pays a medical gap benefit based on the AMA list of medical services and fees. You will need to serve waiting periods to claim the AMA benefit.
- Starter Extras
- Entry-level extras cover perfectly suited to singles and couples when combined with Smart Starter Bronze Plus hospital cover. (only available on Smart Starter Bronze Plus)
- Essential Extras
- Superior mid-range extras cover with a substantial list of benefits including generous dental and high-level optical cover.
- Total Extras
- High-end extras cover offering a range of premium benefits including major dental cover and high annual claim limits per person.
As a restricted membership health fund, they provide health cover to members of the medical and health community and their families.
At Doctors’ Health Fund, they welcome:
- Current or former (including retired) registered medical practitioners, including overseas trained doctors registered for the AMC exams.
- Current or former (including retired) health practitioners in any of the following fields:
- Occupational therapy
- Dentistry (including dentists, dental therapists, dental hygienists, dental prosthetists or oral health therapists)
- Medical radiation (including medical radiation practitioners, diagnostic radiographers, medical imaging technologists, radiographers, nuclear medicine scientists, nuclear medicine technologists or radiation therapists.
- Students studying to become a medical practitioner or eligible health practitioner.
- Employees of a medical practitioner or eligible health practitioner, such as practice managers and receptionists.
- Employees of any member associations for medical practitioners or eligible health practitioners, such as the AMAs.
- Families of eligible members, which includes parents, children, grandchildren, spouse/partner (including former), sibling or niece/nephew.
Doctors’ Health operates in all Australian States and Territories.