The nature of health insurance is that you never know what health service you might need or when you might need it.
Don’t worry Police Health will have your back.
We are dedicated to our members, and doing the right thing, which is why Police Health is owned by and run for the benefit of its members. Premiums are used to benefit members, not shareholders or overseas owners.
- Covering over 65,000 of the policing community nationally
- You have freedom to choose your preferred hospital, doctor and any other service provider, as long as the provider is recognised with us.
- With a customer satisfaction score of 99%*.
* Discovery Research Customer satisfaction survey 2021.
We’ve made it easy by specialising in only three comprehensive policies for complete peace of mind, you’ll only have to choose from:
- Gold Hospital – the cover you’ll need for treatment in any hospital or day surgery (public or private) anywhere in Australia. No excess, no exclusions, no benefit restrictions and no co-payments.*
- Rolling Extras – 80% benefit on most Extra services like dental, optical, physiotherapy. With an exclusive# Rollover Benefit that allows you to roll over any unused Annual Maximums from one calendar you to the next on most Extras.*
- Gold Combined – This is our most popular health cover. For complete peace of mind, Gold Combined brings together our Hospital and Extras products at a reduced premium, providing even more value. Taking out combined cover means you also receive partial benefits for corrective laser eye surgery, not available when taking out either Hospital or Extras only.*
What’s more you’ll have access to 100% Comprehensive Ambulance cover for emergency transport, clinically required non-emergency transport and treatment not requiring transport, anywhere in Australia under any of three policies listed above.*
* May be subject to waiting periods and other conditions
# Exclusive to the Police Health Group.
Who can Join?
Police Health is restricted access private health insurer for:
- Current Australian police officers, police employees and volunteers of state, territory or federal police departments, police unions and associations.
- Retired and former police officers, police employees and volunteers of police departments, unions and associations in Australia.
- In addition, eligibility also extends to the close relations of the above:
- partners, including spouse or defacto
- former partners
- dependent and adult children (including the partners and dependent children of the adult children)
- siblings (including a sibling’s partner/spouse, a sibling’s dependent child)
Contact us on 1800 603 603 if you are uncertain about your eligibility – we’d be happy to help!
Police Health operates in all Australian States and Territories.