We’re Police Health – Australia’s only private health fund run by police for police. We’ve been looking after the health and wellbeing of Australia’s police community for 85 years!
As a not-for-profit our members distinct needs are our priority – and that devotion makes our members really happy. We were named the #1 Health Fund for Member Satisfaction in 2021 with a score of 99%, marking 15 years consecutive years maintaining a score of 98% or higher.*
* Customer Satisfaction Survey 2006-2021 Discovery Research.
If you’re part of Australia’s police community you’ll appreciate that the unexpected, critical and severe can lie just around the corner, which is why we only offer top cover as we believe anything less would be a disservice to you.
Now covering more than 65,000 members of Australia’s police community, we’re the health fund of choice for police officers and their families!
We keep our cover simple. Choose between Hospital, Extras or both.
Our Gold Hospital covers you for treatment in any recognised hospital or day-surgery (public or private) anywhere in Australia. It has no excess or exclusions, giving you ultimate peace-of-mind when the unforeseen happens.
Our Rolling Extras cover is the only cover in Australia that lets you roll over unclaimed Annual Maximums from one calendar year to the next on most Extras services. For example, if you go a year without claiming Optical benefits (such as new prescription glasses and/or contact lenses) your $350 Annual Maximum becomes $700 12-months later (subject to waiting periods).
Gold Combined brings together our Gold Hospital and Rolling Extras at a reduced premium and also includes partial benefits for laser eye surgery – providing even more value (subject to waiting periods).
Police Health is restricted access private health insurance for:
- Currently or previously employed Australian police officers and police employees/volunteers of state, territory or federal police departments, police unions and associations.
- Recently Updated! Retired and former police officers, and employees/volunteers of police departments, unions and associations in Australia.
- Eligibility also extends to close relations of the above, such as;
- Dependent Child
- Adult Child
- Adult Child’s Partner/Spouse
- Adult Child’s Dependent Child
- Former Partner/Spouse
- New! Parent
- New! Sibling
- New! Sibling’s Partner/Spouse
- New! Sibling’s Dependent Child
- New! Grandchild
- New! Grandchild’s Partner
- New! Grandchild’s Dependent Child
Contact us on 1800 603 603 if you’re uncertain about your eligibility – we’d be happy to help (or check whether you’re eligible to join Emergency Services Health, which is also run by us and provides cover to fire response & recovery, ambulance and medical – including allied health – response & recovery, water response & recovery, and state emergency response & recovery sectors).
Police Health operates in all Australian States and Territories.